The lights, red blue, red blue.
“Hey, why are you still waiting here? What happened over there?”
It was hard to make out the girl standing in front of the child, the dusk’s light was dropping below the horizon, sufficiently silhouetting her.
“I don’t…”
“did your dad forget about you or something?”
The thought seemed foreign and frightening to the child, he really had been waiting outside for what has seemed like an eternity. The slight interrogator stood over the child and appeared vaguely familiar for some reason, maybe from before…
“Wanna play a game? I like simon says.”
“Simon says doesn’t work, we need more people for that.”
“How about follow the leader, that way you have to do what I tell you?”
“I don’t really want to, I’m still waiting for my dad.” Where could he be, did he really forget about him?
“My dad never forgets about me.” With a smug smile on her face.
My dad doesn’t either, the child thought. He always did as his father said, set the table, take out the trash, do the dishes. There was never a moment that the child forgot about his father. This isn’t fair, the child felt a flash of anger light up the night around him.
“Hey, why are you still waiting here? What happened over there?”
It was hard to make out the girl standing in front of the child, the dusk’s light was dropping below the horizon, sufficiently silhouetting her.
“I don’t…”
“did your dad forget about you or something?”
The thought seemed foreign and frightening to the child, he really had been waiting outside for what has seemed like an eternity. The slight interrogator stood over the child and appeared vaguely familiar for some reason, maybe from before…
“Wanna play a game? I like simon says.”
“Simon says doesn’t work, we need more people for that.”
“How about follow the leader, that way you have to do what I tell you?”
“I don’t really want to, I’m still waiting for my dad.” Where could he be, did he really forget about him?
“My dad never forgets about me.” With a smug smile on her face.
My dad doesn’t either, the child thought. He always did as his father said, set the table, take out the trash, do the dishes. There was never a moment that the child forgot about his father. This isn’t fair, the child felt a flash of anger light up the night around him.
A figure in a nice suit approached from across the street. The girl ran up to him and slid her hand inside the stranger’s.
“Hey, daddy that kid’s dad forgot about him, can you believe that?”
The stranger was silent and smiled at the boy. That’s silly, the boy thought, he smiled without a face. The child blinked hard; when he opened his eyes the two were gone.
Panic set in as his heart, or rather where his heart should be beat faster. Where am I, he thought, what’s going on? This all seemed irrelevant, where was his dad? If he were here none of this would be happening, he thought in a fit of frustration. Since he forgot about me, maybe I should just walk home by myself… do it by myself, “that’ll teach him” his whisper laced with a horrible emotion that should never be felt by anyone. With that thought the young child got up and walked off towards the ambulances as the deafening weight of the sky pushed down upon him.
No comments:
Post a Comment